INFORMED CONSENT FOR IN-PERSON SERVICES DURING THE COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS
This document contains important information about our decision (yours and ours) to resume in-person services in light of the COVID-19 public health crisis. Please read this carefully and let us know if you have any questions. When you sign this document, it will be an official agreement between us.
Decision to Meet Face-To-Face
We have agreed to meet in person for some or all future sessions. If there is a resurgence of the pandemic or if other health concerns arise, it may be required that we meet virtually via video (Zoom Conferencing). If you have concerns about meeting virtually, we will talk about it first and try to address any issues. You understand that, if we believe it is necessary, we may determine that we return to virtual sessions for everyone’s well-being.
If you decide at any time that you would feel safer staying with, or returning to, virtual services, we will respect that decision, as long as it is feasible and clinically appropriate.
Risks of Opting for In-Person Services
You understand that by coming to the office, you are assuming the risk of exposure to the coronavirus. This risk may increase if you travel by public transportation, cab, or ride-sharing service.
To obtain services in person, you agree to take certain precautions that will help keep everyone safer from exposure, sickness and possible death. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, it may result in our starting or returning to virtual sessions.
- Prior to your session, please use the following COVID-19 self screening test at https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en.
- We request that you self-disclose if any new symptoms develop over the course of your sessions.
- You will only keep your in-person appointment if you are symptom-free. If you need to cancel due to COVID-19 related reasons, we won’t charge you our normal cancellation fee. You will then be expected to self-isolate for 10 days as per Provincial guidelines.
- Please wait in your car or outside until we text or call you to say we are ready to begin the session.
- Please keep a distance of 6 feet where possible and avoid physical contact such as hand shaking and such.
- If a resident of your home tests positive for the infection, please immediately let us know and we will then begin or resume treatment virtually via Zoom Conferencing.
We may change the above precautions if additional local, provincial or federal orders or guidelines are published. If that happens, we will talk about any necessary changes.
Our Commitment to Minimize Your Exposure
To ensure our office is a low-risk environment we (the therapists at Vancouver Hypnotherapy) are committed to the following protocols:
- We will also follow all requirements as above plus:
- We allow time between clients to allow for thorough sanitization of commonly touched areas.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in the therapy room and at the reception counter.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessible.
- Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected periodically throughout day.
Your Confidentiality in the Case of Infection
If you have tested positive for the coronavirus, we may be required to notify local health authorities that you have been in the office. If we have to report this, we will only provide the minimum information necessary for their data collection and will not go into any details about the reason(s) for your visits.