Are you looking for that added edge? Is something holding you back?
Is there a level of self-sabotage keeping you from moving to the next level? Or maybe you just want to increase your focus?
Athletes, more than most, have a very firm understanding of the mind-body connection. When an athletes’ mind is fully focused and “in the game” they almost always do better than usual. It’s that state of being “in the zone” where everything seems to just flow naturally and fluidly.
Hypnosis in the sports world isn’t new, it’s been recorded in use since the 50’s. Sometimes under the name of Guided Imagery which is essentially hypnosis lite. In fact, it is a common tool used by hypnotherapists around the globe; often in the form of positive visualisations.
Hypnosis and hypnotherapy is widely used by many well known athletes
- Tiger Woods (golfer) – Often uses hypnosis to keep away distractions.
- Jack Nicklaus (golfer) – Elite top champion used hypnosis to improve his golf, for better eye, ball, mind coordination.
- Jimmy Connors (tennis pro) – Uses hypnosis techniques to practice his winning serve and tennis strokes prior to important tournaments.
- Shaquille O’Neal (basketball) – Excellent basketball player used hypnosis with the Los Angeles Lakers with Kobe Bryant for better aim energy and skill.
- Michael Jordan (basketball) – Probably the best basketball player of all time. He used hypnosis in his team the Chicago Bulls.
- Rod Carew (baseball) – This baseball player used hypnosis to make him one of the best players ever.
- Bill Buckner (baseball) – World famous top pro baseball player with many titles and credits, used hypnosis to win.
- Jimmy Connors (tennis) – Jimmy took advantage of the power of hypnosis and won 148 titles and 8 grand slams.
- Andre Agassi (tennis) – The famous tennis player used hypnosis to win 17 gold masters. Energy, control, focus, strength and power all harnessed with the power of his mind.
You might have a coach for your chosen sport that trains your body; technique, form and all sorts of other physical aspect of your field. But do you have a mental coach? That person who helps you overcome the mental hurdles, who helps you get into the right mindset when it’s time to focus?
How Can Hypnosis Help?
Hypnotherapy is an excellent way to help you get out of your own way!
- Builds Coordination
- Increases Confidence
- Create Positive Expectations and Self Belief
- Increased Motivation
- Boost Self Esteem
- Remove Outside Distractions
- Remove Past Negative Programming
- Overcome Fears
- Prevent Injuries
- The list goes on and on!
Almost every sport is primarily a mental game and with the use of hypnosis, we will work together as a team, aligning your mind and body for that focused edge of success!